Hazardous Area Inspector: Electrical & Instrumentation
Locations: South Wales, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Surrey, Sussex.
Contract Type: Permanent Employment
Start Date: Immediate
C&P Engineering Services is currently recruiting for a number of Electrical & Instrumentation Hazardous Area ATEX Inspector positions. Applicants will need to possess a valid and current Ex01-Ex04 CompEx certificate and will need to have gained a specific level of training and qualifications. The right candidate will also have significant E&I inspector experience in either the Oil, Gas or Chemical industry or similar industries. C&P has roles across South Wales and also contracts that would suit applicants living across areas such as Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Surrey, and Sussex.
Purpose / Role
· To preform Hazardous Equipment Inspections to Clients schedule and to ensure compliance with classification and BS EN 60079
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
· Inspect all Hazardous Area Equipment located in classified “Hazardous Area Locations”
· Assist in maintaining and developing a registry of all electrical and instrumentation equipment located “Hazardous Area Locations”
· Identify all items that do not comply with ATEX standards.
· Undertake appropriate risk assessments (RA) in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner.
· Request and take out applicable permit to work (PTW) to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner.
· Provide support to other trades/disciplines where it is safe to do so, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
· Carry out remedial repairs on Hazardous Equipment where required.
Skills / Qualifications
– Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme
· NVQ/SVQ Level 3 certification in Maintenance or equivalent
· CompEx Ex01-Ex04 Gas & Vapours current Certificate
· CCNSG safety passport
· IET Current Edition (18th)
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com
Call +44(0)1792 897002 to find out more.
C&P Engineering Services through its integrated electrical, control and instrumentation services design, construct and deliver complete projects and provide maintenance services to companies throughout the UK and internationally. From design through to construction, commissioning and handover, C&P Engineering Services is ideally placed to manage the whole EC&I engineering process, including documentation, commissioning, compliance and testing.
C&P delivers hazardous area inspections for customers across a wide range of industries, including the Chemical, Steel, Oil, Petro-chemical, Pharmaceutical, Gas, Offshore & Heavy Engineering industries. We assist our clients in asset management, the verification of the integrity of their ‘Ex’ equipment and systems, provide cost effective solutions and ultimately help to develop a path towards full compliance.
C&P’s CompEx certified inspectors deliver comprehensive hazardous area inspection schedules and inspection reports, advising on corrective action where necessary and provide assurance that you are complying with all the very latest international standards, codes and practices and meeting your legal obligations. Our teams of competent hazardous area inspection engineers have worked in hazardous areas over many years and are CompEx qualified for explosive gases and vapours, intrinsically safe systems and combustible dusts.
C&P Engineering Services Ltd is part of the group of companies owned by C&P Group Holdings Ltd
Find out more about the group’s businesses and services>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws