Accounts Clerk Position
We are currently looking for an accounts clerk based in Swansea, South Wales.
Salary Circa: £20K – £25K, 25 days holiday (plus 8 statutory).
Contract: Permanent. Full-Time, 37.5Hrs
Accounts Clerk – The role will include performing calculations in a wide variety of fields. Some common duties include Purchase and Sales Ledger input, credit control and reconciliation, Cashbook, administering payroll and keeping HR records up to date, communicating with the HMRC regarding CIS, PAYE and VAT payments, Job Costing, Pensions, Creating Management Accounts at the end of every month and various other tasks for the group of companies.
Occasionally, internal audits must be carried out to make sure that the various areas of the company are performing as expected; the accounts clerk must also make sure that staff members are adhering to company policies and relevant laws. The accounts clerk should be able to create accurate, detailed reports to illustrate data; sometimes, these reports have to be presented to management. The accounts clerk will oversee the financial transactions of one department or multiple departments within the organization and also perform intercompany account journals.
We need an Accounts Clerk who is a strong communicator who is able to liaise with a variety of staff, providing financial support to the management teams, and having the confidence to lead accounting, financial and internal audit meetings.
An AAT level 2 is preferable for this position but we will consider candidates with vast knowledge and experience in this field. Knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Excel is needed. Additionally, many of the accounts assistant’s tasks are performed independently so it is essential to be self-motivated; however, collaboration is necessary, and the accounts clerk must be able to work as part of a team.
• AAT level 2, is desirable however candidates with a proven track record and the required level of knowledge and experience will also be considered.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Proven experience as an Accounts Clerk / Assistant
• Excellent organisational skills
• Great attention to detail
• Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
• Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. Pegasus OPERA)
• Have excellent presentation and communication skills.
• The capacity to meet management financial deadlines
• Intercompany Accounts Knowledge
To apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com