Ex05-Ex06 Combustible Dust
Ex05-Ex06 Combustible Dusts – Certified Training
Duration: 3 Days
Number for Delegates per Course: Maximum of 10
The Ex05-Ex06 course is designed for underpinning knowledge and practical assessment of electrical personnel who undertake the physical installation and assembly of new ‘Ex’ equipment and, who perform preventive maintenance and inspections on previously installed equipment in dust potentially explosive atmospheres.
These units are used to extend the competence for craft-persons who prepare, install, maintain and inspect electrical equipment for use in Explosive Dust Atmospheres.
- Module Ex05 meets the competency requirements of IEC 60079 – 14 for ‘Operatives (selection and erection)’
- Module Ex06 meets the competency requirements of IEC 60079 – 17 for ‘Operatives (inspection and maintenance)’.
Who should attend?
Anyone who conducts electrical or instrument installation, maintenance or inspection of hazardous area Ex equipment. Normally practitioners with an electrical or instrument trade certificate.
- Cartelistic of Combustible Dusts.
- Area Classification, Zones 20, 21 and 22.
- Concept of Dust Ignition Protection.
- Directives and Standards.
- Protection Concepts for use in Combustible Dust Atmospheres.
- Wiring Systems and Glanding.
- Installation, Inspection, Maintenance and Testing of Non-I.S. and I.S. Electrical Equipment.
- Feedback and Review
What You Need To Bring
Delegates will need to provide photographic identification as well as their National Insurance number on their first day of training. The following photographic identification is accepted: Passport, Driving License etc.
This course is JTL Approved and is conducted in accordance with their training standards. A JTL approved certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the examination. Delegates must must be fully conversant with the make up of “Ex” certified glands; using steel wire armoured and multi core screened cables. The continuity and insulation resistance testing of such cables is also required.
Please Note Failure to report promptly each day may result in you missing vital elements of the course and will prevent you from receiving your certificate. As part of the training involves communication in hazardous situations, it is essential that all participants can read, speak and understand English fluently.
Book your place on this course today, call +44(0)1792 897002 or email: email@example.com