ECITB Skills & Training Charter – C&P Engineering Services is delighted to announce that is has been awarded the Gold Level Standard by the ECITB (Engineering Construction Industry Training Board) for our commitment to continue to develop the skills of our employees and actively drive the skills agenda in partnership with the ECITB, ultimately securing the EC&I skills and competences both now and for the future.
The Engineering construction industry’s most valuable asset is its people as they design, construct, maintain, renew and dismantle the UK’s strategically important industrial infrastructure. It is therefore essential these individuals are highly skilled and are competent. It is also essential that their competence is properly recognised and validated.
C&P Engineering Services has affirmed our commitment to the skills development of the workforce by signing a pledge.
C&P Engineering Services Ltd Commitment:
ECITB Skills & Training Charter
- Identify the training and development needs of our existing workforce and set these out in an annual plan of action, to ensure future workload needs are met by building individual capability
- Recognise and plan for future capacity needs and of our organisation and recruit and train sufficient individuals to meet current and future workload requirements
- Wherever possible commit to recruiting and training new entrants from work experience, ITEC, apprenticeships and graduates
- Work in collaboration with the ECITB supporting their strategy ‘Leading Industry Learning’
- C&P Engineering Services Ltd fully support the goals of the charter and endeavour to achieve the targets detailed
ECITB’s Goal of the Skills & Training Charter:
- Tackling current skills gaps and shortages
- Supporting new entrants
- Competence assurance
- Improving access to quality training
- Anticipating future skills needs
- Responding to Industry 4.0
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Influence Government Policy
Paul Bunyan, CEO / Managing Director of C&P Engineering Services Ltd and C&P Group Holdings commented: ‘We recruit, train and develop our employees for the long-term. C&P places strong emphasis on lifelong learning and is committed to providing training to equip our employees across the industries we operate and with the highest standards of training.
We are continuously investing in skills development and training to enhance the safety, quality and professionalism of our operations. Our CompEx and industrial training facility company, C&P Training Services Ltd also provide electrical practitioner training for those carrying out electrical and instrumentation work within potentially explosive atmospheres throughout the UK and internationally. We are delighted to be recognised by the ECITB for our commitment to the skills & training charter as we plan for our capacity needs and recruit and train sufficient individuals to meet current and future workload requirements’.
C&P Engineering Services Ltd is a company owned by the group, C&P Group Holdings Ltd