Electrical Inspection & Testing
We have experience with all types of Electrical Inspection & Testing, including Periodic Inspection & Testing and Portable Appliance Testing (PAT). Our highly trained inspection electricians and engineers are available to assist you in achieving compliance with your legal obligations. Failure to implement a program of regular electrical inspection and testing can lead to serious consequences, as well as affecting your insurance policies.
Periodic Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations.
- Periodic electrical inspection and testing is necessary because all electrical installations deteriorate due to a number of factors, i.e. damage, wear & tear, corrosion, excessive electrical loading, ageing and environmental influences.
- Legislation requires that electrical installations are maintained in a safe condition and therefore must be periodically inspected and tested. Licensing authorities, public bodies, insurance companies, mortgage lenders and others may require periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations.
- Periodic Inspection and Testing should be carried out by suitably qualified personnel on a regular basis, at least every 10 years for a domestic property and every 5 years for a commercial property.
Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
- Portable Appliance Testing ensures that all portable electrical appliances are safely maintained and suitable for the environment in which they are used.
- The IEE Code of Practice for In Service Inspection and Testing of Equipment sets out the standard to which each appliance is comprehensively tested.
- Our highly trained electricians ensure that all testing and repairs are professionally carried out to the highest standards.