HPC Supplier Induction Programme – EC&I Nuclear Engineering Solutions
C&P’s management team recently attended the EDF Hinkley Point C (HPC) 5 Day Supplier Induction Programme. Tal Hopkins, EC&I Principal Engineer / Technical Director & Richard Jenkins, Commercial Manager attended the final day to receive the certification for completing the programme.
Paul Bunyan, Managing Director commented: “The completion of the supplier induction programme is further demonstration of C&P’s commitment to continuous improvement and sustaining the company’s transition into the Nuclear industry.
The HPC Supplier induction programme is suited to companies who are certain that supplying Hinkley Point C (HPC) is right for them. The comprehensive programme was developed with the support of EDF Energy and is delivered by nuclear sector experts to help companies implement and work to the strict nuclear standards demanded of HPC suppliers.
Over 5 days C&P participated in workshop sessions that focused on preparing organisations to support their potential HPC customers, covering the following areas:
- Nuclear Safety Culture, Human Peformance Factors,
- HPC Project Requirements, Procurement, Contracting and Commercial Engagement
- Materials, Equipment and Configuration Control
- Counterfeit Fraud
- Continuous Improvement
C&P began working on HPC this year providing hazardous area ATEX inspections and is also due to carry out a number of EC&I construction projects. C&P’s EC&I Nuclear Engineering solutions are specialised services for the Nuclear Industry and the company also carries out specialist EC&I services on other nuclear. Some of our other Nuclear customers include Magnox, Harewell and AWE, Aldermaston.
Read more about C&P’s areas of business:
• Control & Instrumentation Design & Engineering
• Low Voltage Electrical Design & Engineering
• Hazardous Area ATEX Inspections, Design, Engineering & Consultancy
• Safety Instrumented System Design & Engineering – IEC 61508, IEC 61511
• Functional Safety Management Consulting
• High Voltage Services Design & Engineering – 11kV | 33kV | 132kV
• High Voltage Operation & Maintenance Services
• Project Management – Principal Contractor
• CompEx Electrical Training Services